Sunday, July 27, 2008

A Hearty Welcome

"Oh, it's a new comic blog. Run away. Run away."

Yeah, I know the world really is not clamoring for yet another blog dedicated to the wonderful art form of comics. But, guess what? That is exactly what the world is going to get.

So why should you care? Well really, and granted PR is nowhere near my strong suit, I am not sure you should. At least not right now, as there is nothing other than this post to entice you. But let me tell you how I envision this place working out and why I feel this will be a sort of different type of comic blog.

First, as the name suggests, this blog will be focused on Trade Paperbacks and Graphic Novels rather than floppies, as that is how I like to read them. And while, I assume I am not the first to decide this is a great way to discuss comics, I have yet to find a blog that focuses on the "waiting for trade" section of the market. If you know of others please let me know.

The focus will be on whatever I read, and while I love superheroes, do not count on strictly seeing those here. Indie comics are an equal love of mine and will be focused on in the same degree. I also plan to look at older books as well as recent releases. My plan is to review at least one older and one newer book (released within the past 3 or so months) a week. For instance, I just dug out my old Swamp Thing Volumes and plan to look at them again in the near future and I have a backlog of about 6 current books that I will be looking at that includes some indies, at least one MINX, and two DC books that I have not read yet.

And just to put it out there, I am far more of a DC superhero fan than Marvel. I am not opposed to Marvel on principal (at least not anymore, please see early 90s Marvel to see why this was once the case - they really burned me back then), but I have far more fondness towards DC heroes. Just letting my biases be known.

I also plan to discuss and highlight other comic topics that I find as time allows. And finally, I want to do a series of post that I am going to call my comic autobiography, really showing where my love of comics came from and why still after 25+ years I still follow them, even if I no longer can ride my bike to the local Stop & Go to spend 60 cents or less for them.

I also am open to any suggestions, for what to read and what to talk about.

So, is this blog necessary? I highly doubt it, but I expect it to be fun, er, well at least interesting, and a bit different than the normal comic blog.

So again welcome, and I hope you enjoy the show.

No comments: